Problems with date in filename

bhath19

Hi, I am new to Automation Anywhere and am trying to figure out how to get the filename and date when using the Save As function in my program I've created in AA. I am using a keystroke function to get to the Save As for the file that is currently open during the program. I can't seem to get a consistent result when combining the name of the file I'd like to use with the System Variables of $Month$ $Day$ and $Year$. I basically have it as such: Total Report $month$ $day$ $year$ in the keystroke line and it changes every time I run the report and isn't correct. What could I be doing wrong? Hopefully it's something simple! Thank you in advance!

VJR

Hi bhath19,

"I can't seem to get a consistent result when combining the name of the file I'd like to use"
What is the result you are expecting and what is it showing?

"Total Report $month$ $day$ $year$ in the keystroke line and it changes every time I run the report and isn't correct"
Can you tell what "changes every time". What is it showing each time?

bhath19

Hi bhath19,

"I can't seem to get a consistent result when combining the name of the file I'd like to use"
What is the result you are expecting and what is it showing?

"Total Report $month$ $day$ $year$ in the keystroke line and it changes every time I run the report and isn't correct"
Can you tell what "changes every time". What is it showing each time?

Hi,

I was wanting it to show the name Total Report along with the date. What keeps changing every time is the first time I run it’ll show exactly what I want and then it will show only the year or only one component of all of the text I want. Really weird...

Last edited:

VJR

Hi bhath19,

Instead of having these date variables in the keystroke line have it in a variable and then use that variable in the keystroke.