Question on Restore session in Internet Explorer()?

harish17

Hi all,
I opened one of the web application and doing the necessary thing after that signing out and Terminating the application by using root Parent element in Application modeller by using Terminate action in Navigation stage . after it closes the internet explorer If i open internet explorer there is a pop up in the bottom of Internet explorer saying restore session)

Instead of terminating, I tried Kill the process action in utility environment VBO, But still am seeing that pop up, I know we can close that application by spying cross mark or using Global send keys (ALT + f4), IS there any way we can do with out using Global send keys and spying?

Thanks,

sivagelli

I opened one of the web application and doing the necessary thing after that signing out and Terminating the application by using root Parent element in Application modeller by using Terminate action in Navigation stage . after it closes the internet explorer If i open internet explorer there is a pop up in the bottom of Internet explorer saying restore session)
Is this happening every time Or is it sporadic?

harish17

Hi sivagelli,
It's happening every time.
But I spied the whole internet explorer in win 32 there is action called close , I used that one it worked fine.
If you have any other suggestions ? Please share I will try those options

sivagelli

Hi sivagelli,
It's happening every time.
But I spied the whole internet explorer in win 32 there is action called close , I used that one it worked fine.
If you have any other suggestions ? Please share I will try those options
Check IE setting. Go to Internet Options -> General Tab -> StartUp. There could be two options either to start with tabs from last session or start with home page. If you have the first one enabled, it will launch the last session.

ivan.gordeyev

Use AA spying to deal with it, for simplicity. I do not recommend changing the default settings, as you will have an issue every time the machine is reset or you use a different one. Deal with it, by closing it. It is identifiable in the application tree.

sivagelli

Hi sivagelli,
I just checked the internet explorer it's already selected the second option.
Ok. Is this happening when you close IE after surfing internet and close the browser and relaunch the browser.? (everything with BP not in picture)

harish17

Yes, only IF I do from Blue prism, if I launch and open it manually am not seeing any restore session pop up windows in the bottom.

harish17

Hi sivagelli,

Tried in Chrome by using Terminate action. it is showing similar message saying chrome didn't shut down correctly.

Thanks,

sivagelli

Since you are terminating the browser, I am supposing that the browser is checking if you want to restore the last session and this is general functionality that comes with any other browser; prompting the user with 'restore' options.

If you wish to disable this feature, you can do so by changing settings.

Check this for IE:
https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/disable-reopen-last-browsing-session-ie8/

Just google it, you can find for other browsers as well.

Last edited: