TabProcGrowth- Blueprism

Stephen Jones

It is simply how many instances of the iexplore.exe process you will see in Windows Task Manager. You coincide this with Child Index parameter to attach to the correct Internet Explorer window when automating.

HKS

Hello Stephen,
I was using "Kill Process" to kill all the Iexplore processes , due to which when i launch my URL I can see multiple tabs opening(of same URL), So i read about TabProcGrowth wherein using regedit i have to edit some values , So how to do that?
Thank you!!

Stephen Jones

Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main
If there is a value called TabProcGrowth , set this to 0 , if the value does not exist, create it as a REG_DWORD type with a value of 0.

Not sure if this is the problem , TabProcGrowth does not stop multiple tabs opening up in internet explorer , it stops internet explorer creating multiple processes in task manager depending on the number of tabs open in internet explorer.

HKS

Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main
If there is a value called TabProcGrowth , set this to 0 , if the value does not exist, create it as a REG_DWORD type with a value of 0.

Not sure if this is the problem , TabProcGrowth does not stop multiple tabs opening up in internet explorer , it stops internet explorer creating multiple processes in task manager depending on the number of tabs open in internet explorer.

Okay So can you tell me another alternative for my problem??

HKS

Nope, actually when i use "Kill Process" action to close all "Iexplore" services and the use my launch action i can see multiple tabs opening (of same URL) due to which my process can't find a single website.