Web Services

Harish

Hi,

I am new to blue prism and still i am learning.

What is the significance of web services in blue prism? When do we need to use webservices in process. An example would be helpful.
I know that WSDL files can be used for webservices, but i am not sure in what scenario/circumstances these webservices need to be used?

Can anyone help please.

Thanks,
Harish

VJR

Hi Harish,

In simple terms a web service is a service available on the web for application to application interaction.
In other words, just as we have a Function in any programming language where we pass certain parameters and the function runs and gives the output, likewise webservices runs after taking parameters and produces an output. So it is like a Function on the Web.

There are videos that give a clear explanation of how Web Services are used in Blue Prism
Link 1, Link 2, Link 3.

Marck12

WSDL is an XML format for describing network services as a set of endpoints operating on messages containing either document -oriented or procedure-oriented information. It actually stands for Web services Description Language. SOAP is an XML-based protocol that lets you exchange info over a particular protocol between applications. A WSDL document has a definitions element that contain the other five elements, types, message, port Type, binding and service.
For more info about Web services visit at:-
http://www.cetpainfotech.com/technology/cloud-computing-Training