Can a Environmental variables be changed within a process?

SERBEM

Hi there,

I build a proces which runs every night and the input is a date (today - 2 days) that works perfectly, but once one of our systems is unavailable, while means there is no output. In those cases I need to chose the specific date manually - which we build as an environmental variables, but sometimes we forget to change the environmental variables back to BLANK and that gives us big problems as we than get the wrong data out when the scheduler is running every night.

Is there any possible way that to blank those dates in the environmental variables after the proces is finished, so that you always is stopping with blank values?

The proces always starts looking in the environmental variables, if those are blank or not. If not blank run those dates, og calculate (Today - 2 days) and run that.

Any ideas?

Hi there,

I build a proces which runs every night and the input is a date (today - 2 days) that works perfectly, but once one of our systems is unavailable, while means there is no output. In those cases I need to chose the specific date manually - which we build as an environmental variables, but sometimes we forget to change the environmental variables back to BLANK and that gives us big problems as we than get the wrong data out when the scheduler is running every night.

Is there any possible way that to blank those dates in the environmental variables after the proces is finished, so that you always is stopping with blank values?

The proces always starts looking in the environmental variables, if those are blank or not. If not blank run those dates, og calculate (Today - 2 days) and run that.

Any ideas?
You can not change an environment variable with a Blue Prism process.

A session variable or input variable for the process seem more suitable for your requirements. But these would need to be manually specified for each run.

If your systems are unavailable, could you detect this in the process, then set a flag [System Unavailable] to True. If [System Unavailable] is True, use a calculation stage to set the date to what you require.

Could this approach work? What logic do you use to choose the specific date manually? Could this be recreated in the process?

SERBEM

I think, I have an idea how to fix this ;-).

I need to build some extra checks in step 1 where I start the proces with a calculation of dates and populate queue. As I populate a queue with the dates that run that specific day. So I will find the last completed date and have the robot running from there.

Thanks for your reply - which kick-start my creative site.