Defer Item - how do I find out how many times the Item is defered?

SERBEM

Hiya,
I never tried playing with defer before, but I have a proces where this function is needed. In the proces I have a Work Step 1, which adding some orders in a system. After about 1 hour it should be a response in the system that the item is ready (but sometimes it takes longer before an item is ready) therefor I am checking if there is a ready mark in the system - if not the item is defer for 1 hour. But how do I find out if this item already has been defer once before? I need to either set up a role that an item can be defer for 36 hours or 3 times, how do I find out of this - I thought I would set a tag somehow, but afterwards how do I find this tag again, or is it a smarter and easier way to do this? I hope someone can help me out as this is the last step in my proces.

sahil_raina_91

You can create a new column in your Item Data collection (which is stored in Queue) named "Defer Count" and have its value=0.
> It can either be done when you are loading queue.
> Or it can be done after Get Next Item

When you want to defer an Item, increment the count of [Item Data.Defer Count] to +1
Make sure to use SET DATA action in Work Queue VBO to commit the updated values back to Queue.

That way you can keep track on how many times a particular Item was deferred.

SERBEM

Thank you for your reply. I wasn't thinking in that direction yesterday :)

I am already using that metode in several of my other processes to track on some date stamps.

Now I can get further on finish my proces.