finding a row in a collection containing a specific value

hi
i have 2 collections, collection A with 50 rows and collection B with 150 rows which holds currency rates for different countries. i want to compare the currencies in the collections for those rows who are included in both collections.
how do i get the row holding a specific currency without having to loop it a bunch of times?
1625752919101.png

DTforrpa

Hi
Basically there are 2 common techniques.
Create loop stages for the 50 row collection. Then inside that loop add a loop for the 150 row collection.
Then have a decision stage inside Data B loop with expression [Data A.Currency)=[Data B.Currency].
If true then another decision stage [Data A.Rate)=[Data B.Rate].
If false then Rate is not the same.

The other technique is similar and more suited if Data B collection has a large number of rows. Instead of using a second loop for Data B. use the Data A Currency value to filter the Data B collection to output to Temp Data collection. Then check the row (presumably should only be 1 row that matches. Does [Data A.Rate)=[Temp.Rate].

In either case you may need to observe date match/filter also of relevant.

Lookup Loops and filtering collections, plenty of articles online.

masei001

I am trying to do something similar to this, I have a collection read from an excel sheet, so I want to check a particular column to see if it contains a value and if it does replace that value with a new value, e.g if it contains a value "Name" replace with "Masei" . please how can I go about this, I am new to blue prism

sahil_raina_91

hi
i have 2 collections, collection A with 50 rows and collection B with 150 rows which holds currency rates for different countries. i want to compare the currencies in the collections for those rows who are included in both collections.
how do i get the row holding a specific currency without having to loop it a bunch of times?
View attachment 5991
I couldn't understand the question clearly.
Refer this : https://www.rpaforum.net/threads/co...nd-and-saving-unique-values.14717/#post-31525
Is this something you are after ? If not, please post more screenshots to explain it better.