How to get email notification as soon as runtime resource goes in the warning or missing state

jassi_123

Hi Team,

I would like to receive email notification as soon as my runtime resource goes in offline and warning state.

Can you assist me with this.

Regards,
(Jaspreet Singh)

ewilson

There's nothing within Blue Prism, out-of-the-box, that does this. You can build this capability though. You could use Blue Prism to actually automate the Blue Prism UI, specifically Control Room, to monitor the status of runtime resources. Alternatively, you could use the HTTP API interface of the individual runtimes to ping them and check their status.

From their, you just need to add the steps to send an email via the Outlook VBO, the Graph API integration, or some other existing solution (there's even a Twilio skill you could use to send yourself text alerts).

Cheers,

MadhuG001

There's nothing within Blue Prism, out-of-the-box, that does this. You can build this capability though. You could use Blue Prism to actually automate the Blue Prism UI, specifically Control Room, to monitor the status of runtime resources. Alternatively, you could use the HTTP API interface of the individual runtimes to ping them and check their status.

From their, you just need to add the steps to send an email via the Outlook VBO, the Graph API integration, or some other existing solution (there's even a Twilio skill you could use to send yourself text alerts).

Cheers,
Hi Ewilson,

I need a small clarification.
What is a Runtime resource.
What is a Resource PC.

Kindly advice.

anuraag_msg

Hi Ewilson,

I need a small clarification.
What is a Runtime resource.
What is a Resource PC.

Kindly advice.
Hello,
I think of a solution. but it is subject to appropriate testing!

So, here it goes.
Create a recover stage completely outside of the process, and if anything goes wrong in the process, then this recover stage would just pick up the exception, which then calls a page stage. Now this page stage is configured using Neoops Outlook VBO. You can simply use the action "send emails" and write a custom text (you can use HTML Tags to make the email detailed and well structured, but this is a design choice). and then after sending the email, the BOT should just throw and exception. By sending the email to responsible Customer representative or developer you are notify him/her of the error and that they should have a look.

Let me know if this works for you.
Cheers
Anuraag Pandey