How to Spy Windows 10 Taskbar & click on notification tray icon

Meghal Vasa

I want to perform the below 5 steps using Blue prism automation:
1) Spy the taskbar of my computer (Win 10) using blue prism
2) Left click on the "Show Hidden items" - '^' arrow
3) Right click on McAfee Icon in expanded Notification tray.
4) Left Click on menu item "Mc Afee agent Status Montior.."
5) Spy & click on various elements of the "Mc Afee Agent Monitor" window that opens up.

Please do not suggest me solutions like "find out the path of the exe of the final application window and use it in the Application Modeller to spy/launch it" or use .exe to invoke process.
As I have specific requirement to validate that the icon is part of Notification tray & it has all the required Menu items & also to verify if the "McAfee agent status" could be successfully opened from System tray notification area icon.
I understand that I may have to create 2 VBOs - one for taskbar & other for the "Mc Afee Agent Monitor" window but I am not able to Spy/ Identify the Taskbar in any mode.

Refer attached snapshot for the sequence of clicks required for blue prism automation:
Need help with detailed process to spy elements from windows task bar & notification tray.
I am also trying to avoid using surface automation in Region Mode for compatibility reason between different test VMs

Attachments

• Taskbar.png
    94.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Ryan Ricafort

You have to build an object on the explorer.exe application. Once you do that, you can spy the '^' button as a Win32 element.