Issue in windows application

Saurabh2903

Unable to spy the fields if navigating through process(running the bot) but when navigating manually the element spying is working.

VJR

Hi Saurabh2903,

Usually when this happens it is recommended to have a Wait stage just before accessing the element.
It is preferred to have a Dynamic Wait stage which checks that the element exists before attempting to access it.
Check if the above works.
If you are getting the "Multiple elements match" error or "Unable to find element" error, then you have to tweak and play around with the Application Modeller while spying that element to find an accurate match. The lesser the attributes in the 'Match' column, the better it is. But you need to identify the right set of attributes that correctly match that element.

Saurabh2903

Hi VJR,

Thank you for the response. Here i am facing a different kind of an issue. I am able to spy the elements and get the values if i am reaching the particular screen manually but if i am running my configuration i.e if i am going through process and opening the same screen i am not able to spy any element in the same window.

VJR

Hi Saurabh2903,

I re-read both your posts once again, but I'm not sure if I fully understood the issue.

"if i am running my configuration i.e if i am going through process and opening the same screen i am not able to spy any element in the same window."
We never spy an element when the process is running.
Could you elaborate more on that. Any error message or screenshots would be of help.