Java: How to Close Window using JAB

JamesACA

Hello,

I am having issues within Blue Prism to close a window within Java. I cannot identify the "X" or close button itself. Only all three options to minimize, maximize, and close get identified as a group and it gets identified as a toolbar.

When I have the window identified as an element I can see an attribute name "Allowed Actions" and with values of "Close Window, Toggle Maximized, Toggle Minimized." I then create a Navigation stage where I select the Window as the element and the action as "DO". From here I have "Close Window" typed into. Every time I run this step it breaks the application and I have to run the application again.

My current workaround is to click on the window and send global keys CTRL+F4. This is less resilient strategy than selecting for the window to close.

Anyone every face this or know how to fix the issue?

Sri

Hi,
I have similar issue. Is your query solved? If yes, please help me how to handle this situation.

Hi,
I have similar issue. Is your query solved? If yes, please help me how to handle this situation.
How have you spied the Java window? The ones I have seen have Role attribute as "internal frame" and we pass the window name dynamically. What exception messages are you receiving?

The approach of Navigate stage with Do and action as Close Window should work, I think the problem is how you both have identified the window element.

JamesACA

Hi,

I used Send Global Command keys and sent an Alt-F4 to close the window. It wasn't the best solution as it would just close any active window, so if the wrong window is opened it will close it.

I would look into nickbell's option