Lost inputs after renaming a Business Object

Steve Mellor

If I rename a Business Object which is called from a process. When I edit the calling action stage in the process it says "Invalid Object:" which is expected. However, when I then select the renamed object any inputs I previously had configured in the action stage disappear.

Is there a way of retaining the Inputs (and Outputs)?

VJR

Hi Steve, This will depend on the instances you hit 'Save'. You can try going to the Studio tab on the main screen of Blue Prism, select your process/object on the left hand side, then on the right hand side you would see the copies of the saved versions at the time when you hit 'Save'. You can then retrieve the required version. See if you are able to recover.

Steve Mellor

Hi VJR, thanks for the reply. I can see that this method would retrieve the data however, I still need to rename the Business Object and whenever I do that, any process which calls it loses the "Inputs" and "Outputs" when amending the process to use the renamed Object.

VJR

Hi Steve, Me too think that as bothersome sometimes as most other programming tools automatically make changes all over the application if a change happens at one place. Perhaps we will have to live with it as of now or at least until that behaviour is changed in the upcoming versions, because this is by design.