Open Excel Hyperlink using BluePrism

anjali

Hi ,

Can you suggest , how do we open the hyperlink in an excel placed in column (H2:H51) using Blueprism .
I need to identify the name (along with file extension) of the hyperlink and then after perform click i need to fetch few more details .

Attachments

• Sample.PNG
    67.5 KB · Views: 67

VJR

Hi anjali,

An easier way would be to get the Worksheet as a Collection and then loop through the collection.
Here you can one by one access the column in the collection that contains the hyperlinks and get the file name with extension.

One you get the file name you can use the Ms Excel VBO actions to create instance, open workbook, interact with the workbook etc. and close the file and then the loop will continue with the next file in the collection.

Do you already know the path of the excel file or is it hidden/stored somewhere in the Excel? If not then more things will get added and it won't be straight forward and you might possibly have to use a Code stage since there is no in-built formula/function to get the address of the hyperlinks.

If you plan to spy the sheet, then click the hyperlinks and then spy the data in each of the Excel files then things will get a bit more tricky so it is recommended to use the actions in the Excel VBO and/or the Code stage but you can check that out if that works for you.

Navinraju

Hi, @VJR
How can i use the specific link in excel sheet, i mean i want to use these link to go to another excel sheet using 1st excel sheet.