Open PowerBI from Blue Prism

Hi,

I need to open PowerBI from Blue Prism and then carry out some operations within PowerBI,. Is it possible to do it using BP? Any suggestions/help much appreciated.

Thanks.

FrankPereira1B

Hi,

I need to open PowerBI from Blue Prism and then carry out some operations within PowerBI,. Is it possible to do it using BP? Any suggestions/help much appreciated.

Thanks.
Not really sure however I did use BP to carry out operations in Alteryx.

RobertJ

I have not used Power BI very much so far, but I have Power BI desktop installed and I was able to create an object and along with the application modeler to create elements. Seems to handle like any other desktop application.

Thanks for the replies FrankPereira1 and RobertJ.

I did try with the Applcation modeller, but I could use only the Accessibility mode (BP 5.x version). Is it the same for you as well or could you use any other mode to spy the elements?

Thanks

RobertJ

Hi AAH,

I am using BP version 6.x and I too needed to use the Accessibility mode for items in the ribbon. But when Power BI first opens a sort of a splash screen is displayed that has several options (Get Data, Recent Sources, Open other reports) and these can be identified using the UI Automation mode. Not sure if that is much help, but I haven't spent much time with Power BI so far.