Possible to delete characters in input box, using Global Send Keys?

NikE

As mentioned in the title is it possible to delete characters in an input box, using Global Send Keys?

VJR

As mentioned in the title is it possible to delete characters in an input box, using Global Send Keys?
You might need to spy the Input box -> Attach to it -> then using GSK press Ctrl A to select all text inside the text box -> press Del.
Spying the Input box would be similar to spying a popup or message box so there are a few posts on the forum regarding the same which will assist in doing so.

VJR

With attach to it, I assume you mean like this: View attachment 2374

But sending the backspace, how is that do in the value?
Attach is done through the Attach action of the Navigate stage and then give parameters like the Window title (the Input box title in your case), Process name, etc.. Did you get a chance to look at the popup related posts I mentioned to search around on the forum.

VJR

Once the input box is attached, spy the value section, have the focus in this section, then use GSK for Ctrl A and then GSK for Del or Backspace.

Alternatively, you can also do this if you have an option to do it (for eg; if you are not interacting through a Virtual Machine)
Once the input box is attached, spy the value section textbox, use a Write stage and write a blank/empty string value like a "" to the value section.

VJR

I can only find input names, not titles.

View attachment 2443
An Input Box mentioned in your original post is a different control, but I now see from your screenshot that is a Text Box, so you will not find any Title.

You can still do the below-
- Have the focus in the Text box perhaps by clicking it using the dropdown actions in the Navigate stage for the root application element on the left hand side
- Then use GSK for Ctrl A and then GSK for Del or Backspace.

Alternatively, you can also do this if you have an option to do it (for eg; if you are not interacting through a Virtual Machine)
Use a Write stage for the Text box and write a blank/empty string value like a "" to clear its value.