Power BI integration with BluePrism

ankit_kumar14

Hi All,

Can we somehow manage to extract Blue Prism logs or dashboard data and configure it with PowerBI.
Can someone guide me to configure Data gateways to extract BP data.

Thanks
Ankit

Sukesh Kumaru

Hi Ankit,

I haven't done this before, but the below steps may help you.

When you say logs it means work queue data or session logs?

If you are talking about session logs. I think you need to create a view using joins to connect different tables and populate the required columns and connect the sql table to Power BI(And you need to create similar columns in power BI to accept the data from sql )
If it is work queue data you need to create a new table and Before completing the process update the table every time it run's and connect this table to Power BI.

I connected the work queue data with tableau, It might be similar to do in power BI. There are different ways to connect data most of the business tool like sql, excel or cloud data....

RsBhargav

Hi Sukesh,

Can you explain a bit more on how you integrated Tableau with Blue Prism. My requirement is to fetch a report, which i'm doing with spying. But looking for other approaches to do the same.

Thanks in advance

ewilson

Blue Prism's database is just a SQL Server database. Yes, you can connect Power BI to it and interrogate the various tables as long as you have a user account with at least Read access on the database. Further, you will need to have some understanding of the structure of the tables and their joins.

Alternatively, depending on the data you're looking for and then version of the Blue Prism you're running, there is the Data Gateway feature of Blue Prism. It is designed to push session log information out of Blue Prism and to outside destinations like other databases, Splunk, and HTTP listener, etc.

Lastly, there is a Power BI asset on the Digital Exchange. Not sure if it will be any use to you, but you might check it out.

https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/3439/solution/power-bi-integration-2

Cheers,
Eric

tgundhus

Hi,
I would highly avoid fetching logs directly from the database if you don't have any read only instance who can carry the load. This is a fairly common mistake clients do which results in outages for the RPA systems due to unforeseen load and potential database table locks.

If you know how to write proper queries it is might do-able, but I would avoid it.

May I ask, what kind of information are you trying to extract, I believe not all parts of the BPASessionLog_x information would be relevant?