Unable to Raed text from Drop Down

vinay

Hi i am unable to read the following text from the Drop down with Recognise with OCR and also Recognse Text. I Placed the regions well,can anyone help me to solve
Actually when the iten in Drop down has less characters OCR is working but when it is covered, the covered part is not reading.
Image in Attachments

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 29

cs.andras

Hi,
Since OCR means optical character recognition, the hidden part will never be read by that, so don't be surprised. The other text recognition mode is specifically a font recognizing technology, meaning you need to specify the font for it to be able to read text. Note, that you also need the whole text to be visible.
Are you using surface automation because there is no other link to the website/program? So you cannot use Win32, AA or HTML mode to spy and read the contents? In that case it would be indeed a tough job to read the contents of that dropdown. You might be able to display the full text if you click on the dropdown and if it is displayed fully in the list, you can read that, but I'm totally unsure of this approach.

vinay

Hi,
Since OCR means optical character recognition, the hidden part will never be read by that, so don't be surprised. The other text recognition mode is specifically a font recognizing technology, meaning you need to specify the font for it to be able to read text. Note, that you also need the whole text to be visible.
Are you using surface automation because there is no other link to the website/program? So you cannot use Win32, AA or HTML mode to spy and read the contents? In that case it would be indeed a tough job to read the contents of that dropdown. You might be able to display the full text if you click on the dropdown and if it is displayed fully in the list, you can read that, but I'm totally unsure of this approach.
Yes Im using Surface Automation...

mtabv

Hi vinay,

I always use html-combo boxes for reading out ddm.
Works without any trouble :)