Way to have logs for each step in the automatization

Hello Everyone,
Im relatively new to blue prism, im developing an automation and i want to have a file, maybe a txt or anything really to write or know if the process has completed the steps, so for example if i have a process with 5 steps : (start, copy, paste, rename, end ) i want a file with a line for each one of them if they completed the process, and if for example the whole process breaks at rename, then the file should say start, copy, paste. No more.
Is this possible?
Thanks For all your help, and i will keep researching this, if i find the solution i will post it here too.
Andres.

RDawson9

Geek
Staff member
Hi Andres,

Is your process going to use a Work Queue? If so, you could use the Status field to store this information.

Rob

No, im not using queues, i found a way to do it, blue prism gives a way, in the edit > all stages > enable loggin. But may be there is a better way

anisjolly

Administrator
Hi @arodriguezm

Have you looked into using the Alert stage? This provides event popups on the screen when you're logged into Blue Prism - in a similar fashion to Facebook alerts if you're logged in via your browser.

However, these alerts don't remain on screen or add the events to a log - they simply display a popup. You're on the right track though by enabling logging.

Also If you're using the latest version of Blue Prism then you should setup your exception stages to capture screenshots. It's a simple checkbox within the Exception Stage.

adebroise

RPA Ninja
Staff member
No, im not using queues, i found a way to do it, blue prism gives a way, in the edit > all stages > enable loggin. But may be there is a better way

Make sure you disable logging in production or you'll soon fill up the database. You only need to enable logging on stages required for debugging (like critical decisions, calculations and actions).

PTRRPA

Hi @arodriguezm

Have you looked into using the Alert stage? This provides event popups on the screen when you're logged into Blue Prism - in a similar fashion to Facebook alerts if you're logged in via your browser.

However, these alerts don't remain on screen or add the events to a log - they simply display a popup. You're on the right track though by enabling logging.

Also If you're using the latest version of Blue Prism then you should setup your exception stages to capture screenshots. It's a simple checkbox within the Exception Stage.

Hi ,

Currently i am working in Blue prism production support project , So few schedule are running daily basis. I want to know the scheduler status it running or terminated by using alters ,Could please explain me step by step

Thanks in advanced

BR,
PTR

Yes, basically Im created an Object that will Log in to a txt file on the stages that I wan to. So I call this object for example when a process starts to Log that the process has started or when there is an error or when the process ends.

drubiano

Also a tip when moving to production is by disable all stages, but having notes that enabled logging on subpages for knowing on what part the process currently is.

Attachments

• Stage logging.png
    53.2 KB · Views: 123

dsmith616

i would highly advice against disabling ALL stage logging. There are critical decision/calculation stages that should be logged and CANNOT be captured with these inline notes.

inline notes are ideal for placing prior to loops, as nothing within a loop should ever be logged; especially if dealing with large collection of data. other places within the process make sense for inline notes as well.