Work Queue Status Column

Atheeswaran S

Hi,

I need a clarification about the Status column in Work Queue.

We use Status column for a queue item to set the process status if it includes multiple flows that can be added in the Status so that we can see at what stage of the flow till the process completed. We use it to keep updating the process/flow status. This will help in resuming from that particular stage if the WQ item went to exception in previous run by checking the status and no need to rerun that WQ item from the beginning so that we can avoid duplication and time consumption.

Now coming to the point, I have seen cases were they have used the Status column to set the status as Completed if the WQ item successfully processed the entire flow of the process and for any exceptions, especially for BEs, I have seen the status for the item is set as Completed instead of Business Exception. In the flow, they are checking if the exception type is BE and still they are setting the Status as Completed. However, for any Business Exception, the Status needs to be set as Business Exception and not as Completed right?

Please let me know if my understanding is correct.

Thanks,
Atheeswaran S