AA project - Demo verison - take data from excel and fill out PDF form

RCBricker

Good Morning everyone.

My company has received and given me access to the demo version of Automation Anywhere. I have taken the training (2 months ago) and they want a proof of concept that they can use to show upper management what AA can do. I and a co-worker are working on a concept of reading PDFs and validating the values and then moving them into MS Excel, MS Access, SharePoint and emailing a summary. This is all to help management show the versatility of the program. We want to read a decently large sample of PDFs. However, we need to fill these out first. I am having issues trying to figure out how to take values from excel and insert them in a PDF Form.

Any Ideas where to start?

Thanks,

VJR

Any Ideas where to start?
Hi RCBricker,

For reading from pdfs a lot also depends on how the structure and format of your pdf is - consistent etc.
You can start by taking at look at these videos.
Link1, Link2, Link3

Regarding writing to pdfs - You need to consider things like is your pdf editable, is it text based, do you have a proper pdf writing software. There are several available on the web. This is not an AA link but you can take a look at it and explore anything further. Also consider the possibility of grabbing all the content of the pdf into some text based editor like Word and then filling or writing on the required fields and then creating back a pdf out of it. Check this link.
If your pdf is image based there won't be any point in copying the pdf image to an editor. Will require some research and analysis.

Also see if you can get anything from the Automation Anywhere bot store
https://botstore.automationanywhere.com/bot/text-summarizer/

If you do not find absolutely anything then consider discussing your issue with an AA customer care agent right from the options available in the tool itself.

Last edited:

RCBricker

VJR,

Thanks for the response. I am starting to lean towards a smaller sample size that I can just quickly create. The proof of concept is more on the reading the PDF and moving the information into excel, access and sharepoint. It wouldn't be so bad if the execs had gotten the demo to us sooner. 2 weeks into the 30 day trail wasted makes the task harder as we are still learning the processes.