Attach should be taken in a separate page in the object

Shweta

Hi All,

Can anyone please assist on below query-
I have been told:
No Proper attach page is used. Attach should be taken in a separate page in the object

Steps that I am following:
Its all related to Excel calcs.

1. Create instance > Open WB > SHOW WB
2. After show, I am using Attach operation to attach the object and Title I have given is of Excel that I opened in Step1. (as i have spied Ready element of Excel).

Can anyone please tell me on how can I move Attach to new page.. As I am also not allowed to call another page inside object.

Thanks!

Sukesh Kumaru

Hello,

Create an Attach(Logic) Action page in Business Object level, publish it and call it from process by using action stage.

or

call the attach page (process sub-page) by using page reference stage.

Good Luck.

Shweta

Because that Attach stage takes the Window Title properties as the title of Excel opened in previous steps.

Shweta

Sorry, I am still not clear.. If I include it at the beginning before opening excel, it will definitely fail and Window Title, it wont find.. and in between also, I cannot use page reference in object.
Though i can create a separate page, but that should be called by process.

harish17

Hi shwetha,
Please verify the excel window title and attach page window titles are same or not??
Check in the object level first whether it is working or not, before using in the process.

Shweta

My requirement is to get some Data from Web and then perform some search operations on that Data. And as it includes some dynamic waits also like - Wait for Text Ready to appear in Excel, so for that I have created an Application modeller and spied that Ready element.

The next step that I am performing is: Opening Excel > Show > then Attach (Attached screenshot of its inputs/outputs). > Then it run some Macro ?> Then search for text Ready (Wait stage).

//The Window title that I have given in Attach properties is of my Excel that I opened in Step1

Now, I have been asked to use proper attach stage and that should be on another page and also, there is a condition, that I cannot call another page from object.

So, Can you please suggest me something on this.

Thanking you in advance!

Attachments

• App modeller.PNG
    50.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Attach properties.PNG
    47.3 KB · Views: 11