BluePrism Database Overwritten

Harsha

Hi Friends,

I had accidentally overwritten my database (by creating a database) and all my BOT's were lost, is there anyway to get my lost xml files?

Thanks in Advance
Harsha

bot1robot

@Harsha
Few options to try
1.Restore from old backup of sql database, if you had taken the same.
2. If #1 fails then right click MDF file ( can be found inside data folder of ms-sql inside program files) and go to properties. Then look for previous version tab is available or not. If available restore previous version which may get your xml files of BOTs.

Keep posted how it goes.

Harsha

@Harsha
Few options to try
1.Restore from old backup of sql database, if you had taken the same.
2. If #1 fails then right click MDF file ( can be found inside data folder of ms-sql inside program files) and go to properties. Then look for previous version tab is available or not. If available restore previous version which may get your xml files of BOTs.

Keep posted how it goes.
Hi @bot1robot

Thanks for your instant reply, can you help me with some detailed steps/documentation available as i am not from technical background.
I had lost close to 80 bots and this makes me concerned. Hope you understand it.

Thanks in advance.

Harsha

Hi @bot1robot

Thanks for your instant reply, can you help me with some detailed steps/documentation available as i am not from technical background.
I had lost close to 80 bots and this makes me concerned. Hope you understand it.

Thanks in advance.
I had tried step 2. by right clicking on my BP.mdf file and found no previous versions.
For step 1. Do i need to have SQL Management studio?

Any other option, if above both failes

bot1robot

@Harsha
Are you refering SQL Database , on your local machine ? Or are you connecting a SQL Server shared among different users.
If you are connecting sql database from a central location , team managing database can provide you older back up , if they have configured sql server to take daily / weekly / monthly backups.

Which version of sql are you using ?

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

naingupta2

Hi @bot1robot & @Harsha,
I am facing same kind of issue, I have accidentally deleted my connection from Blueprism.
And now I am not able to connect to my old connection, I ham trying to configure new connection with same Connection & Database name but getting attached error.
Here are the few more details:-
1- I am referring SQL Database , on my local machine
2- .mdf file for old database exist on my system.

Now I have created a new connection (with diffrent Connection & Database name), can login to blueprism but not able to restore my old Processes or Object.
Please help me.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 2.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 24

naingupta2

@Harsha
Are you refering SQL Database , on your local machine ? Or are you connecting a SQL Server shared among different users.
If you are connecting sql database from a central location , team managing database can provide you older back up , if they have configured sql server to take daily / weekly / monthly backups.

Which version of sql are you using ?

Hope this helps.

Hi @bot1robot
I am facing same kind of issue, I have accidentally deleted my connection from Blueprism.
And now I am not able to connect to my old connection, I ham trying to configure new connection with same Connection & Database name but getting attached error.
Here are the few more details:-
1- I am referring SQL Database , on my local machine
2- .mdf file for old database exist on my system.

Now I have created a new connection (with diffrent Connection & Database name), can login to blueprism but not able to restore my old Processes or Object.
Please help me.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 2.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 14

bot1robot

@dinesh14apr

Please try to attach your existing ldf/mdf file with some other name on your sql server.
Once attached , execute below query and see it you are able to see your old processes present in blueprism.

Select * from dbo.BPAProcess where name like '%<any word(s) of your processname>%'

if you are able to see your process(s) then you are safe else need to look for backup of the database(managed by your IT Team).

Please keep posted how it goes.