BluePrism is not identify the element - "Unable to Match any active accessibility elements to supplied query item"

Ritesh

Hi All,
I am spying an element which has a default value(Today's date-1) e.g. today this field will display yesterday(29 May) and tomorrow(31-May) it will be displayed today's date(30th may).
Now I make a value field dynamic(Match type ) and for changing the day value using expression ToNumber(Left(Today(), 2))-1 which is working fine if I do the spy today and make it dynamic and then expression.
But the next day when I try the same it is failing with the same element and through error "Unable to Match any active accessibility elements to supplied query item"

Please find the attached screenshot and suggest if there is a way to get the element ???
I also tried with today and yesterday spy element check but apart from dynamic nothing is changed hence no possibility for changing the position of field or anything else.

Thanks
Ritesh Handa

Attachments

• Date issue.png
    177.9 KB · Views: 38

gil.silva

Hello Ritesh,

First of all, the expression that you're using is wrong, it might work sometimes, but it will fail, for example, today (01/06/2019). Why? Because you check the current day and then decrement one unit. So today the result of: ToNumber(Left(Today(), 2))-1, is 0.
The correct expression would be: FormatDate(AddDays(Today(), -1), "dd")

But, I don't believe that this was the cause of the problem, since most for most of the days your expression would work fine.

Can you give some more information?
1) Screenshot of the target application
2) I see you used AA, is it the only working spy mode?
3) Screenshot of the blue prism object logic
4) Are you using 'Activate Application' before you interact with the element?

Best regards.