Build a Bot which will inform which key is pressed on KeyBoard.

venkat ramana

Hi All,
Thanks for looking into it.

I was trying to build a Bot which should keep track of all the Global Send keys I use every Day.
Ex: Lets Say I press Ctrl+S or Ctrl+C or Ctrl+V such actions should be coppied identified and save into one .txt file.

How to catch those keys, Please suggest if any Idea.

Regard.
Venkat Ramana

VJR

Hi venkat ramana,

At least in the old versions of BP (prior to v6) I don't see any feature to read the keys or events like mouse click etc, although they are present to write them using GSK and GSK Events.
Moreover, even if you have to write anything it would require spying that particular application (if you use Global Sendkeys) or those keys would hit any application that has focus in case when GSK Events is used.

And your post is related to reading any application on the machine where the keys are pressed so imagine what would it take to have such an event handler or keyboard listener.

So there is no direct feature embedded but you can try searching for a .net related code that reads and returns the keys pressed on the system keeping in mind that the Blue Prism process while running should also have the capability to "listen" to those events.

venkat ramana

Hi VJR,

I also got another option in mind so need a small suggestion.

Can I develop a BOT which will return me a file_name which is currently active.

Example.
Let say I am working on ABC.txt file (which is active) and another file 123.txt (which is just opened but not active ) at once cursor or keyboard can only make active only one file.... I will start my BOT and start working on ABC.txt file so my bot should recognize the file, that is currently active and it should write the path of the file into a Data Item..

I know this is a stupid question , but plzz help me with this.

Thanks and regard
Venkat Ramana.