Continue the Process

Nabin

Hello Everyone,

Is it possible to start the process from any point(stage) we want? ' On my process, I need it to logout ( using login agent) in the middle of process and login again with different credential and continue the process from where it stopped. Can anyone help me on this ? '

Thanks in advance
Nabin

vandede

Hi Nabin,
I am not certain if this helps you, but can you not simply insert the login agent process into your otehr process with the process stage which can reference to the login agent process?

Nabin

HI,

Yeah, basically I have a process(main process) and inside it there is another process (child process). When the main process starts and reach the starting of child process, it should stop and log out from the login agent, after that again it should login to the same resource with the different credential and continue from where it left. I manage to make it logout from login agent , but don't know how could I continue the main process from where it stop. (and main thing is, Is it possible to do as I wanted?)

Thanks

vandede

Do you mean logout from BP or logout from a virtual desktop? Or what exactly do you want to change the credentials for?

Nabin

Both logout from BP and logout from VDI.

Actually,I am making a process which will start from email and there are 5-6 processes (child ), depending on the emails i need to start the specific one (child process) as it is said on email( credentials I will get from email). so, login credentials need to be different for each child process.

Let me know, if you need more info :)

vandede

I never tried this before, but the Virtual Desktop logout/login should work. However, logout from BP sounds impossible as the process would stop running. Also do not understand why BP would have to be logged out for a process?

Nabin

Yeah, I mean it would be great, if only logout from the VDI works. I don't need to logout from BP. If we can login again with given credentials and continue the process after login again.

(I am very new to process development, So, I may not give correct details )

vandede

could you maybe share a screenshot with your current attempt? that might help me understand what you are really trying to do

Nabin

okay,
The main thing for me to know that, will it be possible to login with another credential if it is once logout and continue the process.

Attachments

• Automation process-RPA Forum.PNG
    25.4 KB · Views: 17

vandede

After the stage is logged in you would require a decision stage to change the course if you are not logged in. If I understand correctly you are trying to log out BP in this process that seem to be possible as the process is interrupted in such a case. However you could also just have various mailboxes or drives where you store the trigger from which the various BP logins can check and thus the process is run in a different server. Meaning each mailbox is only for one BP user.

Nabin

I need to logout from VDI, and login with another credentials, without interrupting the process, if possible.?

Nabin

No, error message but after logout, and login couldn't start process from where I left. .. But now I came with new question, Is it possible to trigger the schedule from the process. For me it will also works, if I can start the schedule from the existing process before logout. ( is there some VBO or idea this will also help me alot.) if this can be done , no need to logout and login needed everything will be handled through scheduler. :)

vandede

don't know of a way to change the scheduler. However, waht is the status of the process in the control studio? is there any more information in the process log that could help?

vandede

Maybe try the "Utility - Environment" --> "Wait for Process" VBO to bridge the time when the VDI is offline and let your process continue after?