Difference between Get Collection and Get Collection as Fast in MS Excel VBO?

Hi @Varun Kumar

The basic difference between the Get worksheet as collection and Get worksheet as collection(fast) is that the Get worksheet as collection(fast) copies the activated Sheet. Whereas using the Get worksheet as collection, you can specify which sheet you want to copy.
For example, if you want to copy the specific Sheet 4 from your workbook then you'll use Get worksheet as collection else if your Workbook just has one worksheet then you might prefer using Get worksheet as collection(Fast).
Also you don't need to give any inputs in the Get worksheet as collection(Fast) like Handler or workbook name or Sheet name.

Attachments

• get worksheet as collection fast.PNG
    get worksheet as collection fast.PNG
    5.7 KB · Views: 115
  • get worksheet as collection.PNG
    get worksheet as collection.PNG
    9.5 KB · Views: 111

Varun Kumar

Hi @Varun Kumar

The basic difference between the Get worksheet as collection and Get worksheet as collection(fast) is that the Get worksheet as collection(fast) copies the activated Sheet. Whereas using the Get worksheet as collection, you can specify which sheet you want to copy.
For example, if you want to copy the specific Sheet 4 from your workbook then you'll use Get worksheet as collection else if your Workbook just has one worksheet then you might prefer using Get worksheet as collection(Fast).
Also you don't need to give any inputs in the Get worksheet as collection(Fast) like Handler or workbook name or Sheet name.

Hi @amanbareilly

Will there be any difference while copying the fields? For example consider that I have a numeric field in my Excel .With Get as collection I can get the records loaded in the same format.what will happen if we have used get worksheet as collection (fast) will the copied data type will be numeric or would it be typecasted ??

Hi @Varun Kumar

I tried using both the objects Get worksheet as collection and Get worksheet as collection(fast) and there were no changes in the data that was copied. It was copied in the same format. Although, you can also try checking by using the Get worksheet as collection(Fast). It does not make much difference except if you are trying to copy a specific sheet, then you need to use the Get worksheet as collection(Fast) else both the objects are same.