Download attachments from .eml file in BluePrism

Shrutiseth810

Hello All,

I am trying to retrieve attachments from an email message that is already saved on the hard-disk as a .eml file. Is there a way to do this using Blue Prism?

I have to basicalling automate below flow
Login to Application
Search the INC number
Scroll down and go to Client Emails section
Open that email
save the attachment (attachment is .eml file)
Open this .eml file and save the attachments(excel, images) from this file in C drive
Process this excel to create PDF letters, zip these letters
Login to application and send out emails along with this zipped files as attachment

VJR

Hi Shruti,

If you are automating the below steps curious to know how did you fetch the eml attachment from the original email.
Does the same approach not work with attachment of an eml file?

Open that email
save the attachment
(attachment is .eml file)
Open this .eml file and save the attachments(excel, images) from this file in C drive

Shrutiseth810

Hi Shruti,

If you are automating the below steps curious to know how did you fetch the eml attachment from the original email.
Does the same approach not work with attachment of an eml file?

Open that email
save the attachment
(attachment is .eml file)

I save the .eml file from the email which is an online application and not the outlook. Sorry for not being clear. Changing the steps:

1) Login to online Application
2) Search the INC number
3) Scroll down and go to Client Emails section
4) Open that email on Application which has the attachment
5) Save the attachment (attachment is .eml file - Am able to do till here using region mode
6) Open this .eml file and save the attachments(excel, images). The .eml file is saved in C drive - How to do this?
7) Process this excel to create PDF letters, zip these letters - Able to do this as well
8) Login to application and send out emails along with this zipped files as attachment - Able to do this as well

VJR

I save the .eml file from the email which is an online application and not the outlook. Sorry for not being clear. Changing the steps:

1) Login to online Application
2) Search the INC number
3) Scroll down and go to Client Emails section
4) Open that email on Application which has the attachment
5) Save the attachment (attachment is .eml file - Am able to do till here using region mode
6) Open this .eml file and save the attachments(excel, images). The .eml file is saved in C drive - How to do this?
7) Process this excel to create PDF letters, zip these letters - Able to do this as well
8) Login to application and send out emails along with this zipped files as attachment - Able to do this as well
Alright. I have two further questions on this if Outlook is not used.
i. When you double click on an .eml file where does it open?
ii. Is Outlook (or the program in point no i.) going to be always open on your machine when the process is running?

Shrutiseth810

Alright. I have two further questions on this if Outlook is not used.
i. When you double click on an .eml file where does it open?
ii. Is Outlook (or the program in point no i.) going to be always open on your machine when the process is running?

Since I am opening on my office machine and we use Outlook, outlook is opened generally. Hence when I double click on .eml file, it opens as an outlook mail.
This is a very good point you asked, so when I tried to open this .eml file in personal machine (outlook is not configured), I got options to sign in to Mail app using - Outlook, Exchange, Yahoo, Google. I logged in using my Google account. And so this .eml file was opened here using my Gmail account. So here it used the Windows Mail (I believe).

Shrutiseth810

Since I am opening on my office machine and we use Outlook, outlook is opened generally. Hence when I double click on .eml file, it opens as an outlook mail.
This is a very good point you asked, so when I tried to open this .eml file in personal machine (outlook is not configured), I got options to sign in to Mail app using - Outlook, Exchange, Yahoo, Google. I logged in using my Google account. And so this .eml file was opened here using my Gmail account. So here it used the Windows Mail (I believe).

I tried to follow step 2 of link https://www.wikihow.com/Open-EML-Files
This suggests to convert into .mht
When i tried to open this file, it opened in IE browser. But only message body is visible. Attachments are not seen.