Error: Keyword "CTRL" is not valid

rpav

Hi everyone,

Trying to do simple thing in Blue Prism as send "Ctrl+O" to Acrobat Reader application.

In Navigate object added Application top level object and then use "Global Send Keys", in Text parameter define "<{CTRL}O>{CTRL}".

When executed I get an error "Keyword "CTRL" is not valid."

Any help? Seems something very basic, but not sure where to dig as all seems correct.

Thank you!

VJR

Hi everyone,

Trying to do simple thing in Blue Prism as send "Ctrl+O" to Acrobat Reader application.

In Navigate object added Application top level object and then use "Global Send Keys", in Text parameter define "<{CTRL}O>{CTRL}".

Any help? Seems something very basic, but not sure where to dig as all seems correct.

Thank you!

Check with "^O" or "^o"

(It is upper case alphabet O or small case alphabet o.)

Ensure to have the appropriate focus on the Acrobat window.

Emil.Tophoej

Hi everyone,

Thank you!

Don't mix Global Send Keys and Global Send Key Events

Refer to either @boulay or @VJR for respectively Global Send Key Events or Global Send Keys

rpav

Thanks everyone for your valuable feedback.
It was actually the problem with focus as @VJR mentioned.
I added "Window" as object in application and used "Activate application" and then it worked with Global Send Keys Events.

MihaiC

Also, there IS a difference between "^A" and "^a" in Global Send Keys for a Window element. It's case sensitive.
While "^A" achieves nothing, "^a" will do the job, in my case meaning selecting all the files in a dialog box.

ShekarV

Tried with all possibilities, but not able to perform Ctrl and F12 functions, please anyone guide me on this.
Am working on Reflection Midas (Mainframe)