Exporting process log from production

mstark

We have several automated processes, and only one has an issue when the production team attempts to export the session log.

"An error occurred while retrieving the logs. The request channel times out while waiting for a reply after 00:00:59. Increase the timeout value passed to the call Request or increase the Send Timeout value on the Binding. The time alotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout."

Any ideas how we can resolve this? Thank you!

Pete_L

I have seen this when trying to open an extremely large session log, with the intent to export it as .csv. Of course, what I'm about to describe below is only one possible explanation, and your case could be different and actually require a change in the timeout value on the database. If that is the case, your SQL Server Admin should be consulted, as I am not qualified to give SQL Server advice.

Best practice is to disable logging or log errors only before implementing an automation in production. You should have already fully tested it in QA (with logging enabled), making production logging unnecessary. This will also reduce the size of the session log and prevent issues like you're experiencing.

In case you are not aware, when you open your Process or Business Object for editing in Studio, you can easily change the logging on all stages at once by selecting Edit | All Stages and then selecting the level of logging you want to set. In my organization, we set logging to Errors Only after the initial warranty period on all new automations.

Blue Prism also has some sort of functionality to change the logging level in production without having to do a release, but I am not at all familiar with its specifics. I recommend that you research it on the Portal.

Hope this helps.