Filter a column which contains numbers

S M Imran

Hi, I'm trying to filter a collection which contains numbers the coll looks like below:

RequestNumber Data
7894561 281E
7894562 281C
7894563 281G
7894561 281H
7894564 281J
7894562 281F
7894561 281U
My requirement is removing the duplicates without disturbing the second column.
In Filter coll i have written syntax like "RequestNumber="&"'"&"[Duplicate.RequestNumber]"&"'" but couldn't able to get data into output coll.
Where Duplicate collection contains unique values from RequestNumber column

Please Help

VJR

Hi S M Imran,

The single quote is to be enclosed only when the collection column is a Text data type column.
For number data type use the filter as below-

"RequestNumber = " & [Duplicate.RequestNumber]

S M Imran

Hi VJR,

Thanks for your reply it is working fine without single quotes for number datatypes.
I have another query in the same senario, I need to delete common values in RequestNumber column without deleting Data column and merge the first column data in collection like given in attachment.

Please Help

Attachments

• Output.PNG
    4.3 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:

tgundhus

Many ways to do this, the easiest might be to loop through your collection and build a new output collection based on your requirements.

S M Imran

You are right tgundhus,
But my requirement is to delete duplicate cells only in first column.
If I loop it and tried to delete it is deleting entire row.

tgundhus

You are right tgundhus,
But my requirement is to delete duplicate cells only in first column.
If I loop it and tried to delete it is deleting entire row.

Use a multi calc to build your new collection. And just do not set this cell if it's found in the previous collection.

S M Imran

Hi,

I have attached the screenshots of the process please help me out with the process after filter collection how to delete the duplicates from the collection in first row.

Attachments

• 1531218099711.png
    185.1 KB · Views: 180
  • 1531218184696.png
    215 KB · Views: 144

tgundhus

Ok, what you will need to do is (based on default Blue Prism VBOs):
- One collection should be the source (I guess this is the one named data?).
- One single row collection to temp store the data.
- One output collection; should be the

First off, you start with looping through your data collection (source).
You then validate the data (check if dupliacte) and use a multi-calc to store the columns you want to keep (from the current row) into the single-row temp collection. Finally, before looping jumping to the next row in your loop, you use "add row to collection" and add the temp row into your ouput collection.

Did you get it? :) If not, feel free to scramble your data or make some test data, send me the excel file (and your page?) and I'll fix it for you with some notes when I get time :) I could always make a dummy example. but I think it is easier to understand the logic if you see how it's done on your own data.

PS: Remember to close your excel instance. I also suggest that you sort the data in excel, before it gets into blue prism if possible. Blue Prism duplicates the data table every time you make modifications to it, which actually takes "ton" of memory. No problem for smaller tables and prosesses, but in enterprise scale this might cause issues.

Last edited:

S M Imran

You then validate the data (check if dupliacte) and use a multi-calc to store the columns you want to keep (from the current row) into the single-row temp collection. Finally, before looping jumping to the next row in your loop, you use "add row to collection" and add the temp row into your ouput collection.

Did you get it? :) If not, feel free to scramble your data or make some test data, send me the excel file (and your page?) and I'll fix it for you with some notes when I get time :) I could always make a dummy example. but I think it is easier to understand the logic if you see how it's done on your own data.

PS: Remember to close your excel instance. I also suggest that you sort the data in excel, before it gets into blue prism if possible. Blue Prism duplicates the data table every time you make modifications to it, which actually takes "ton" of memory. No problem for smaller tables and prosesses, but in enterprise scale this might cause issues.

I tried but I couldn't able to get the logic correct.
I couldn't able to attach the process and excel file because it's not accepting the extensions.
At starting of this thread I have given my excel data and also my process images are attached in this thread please go through that and help me to complete this task.

Thanks.

tgundhus

I tried but I couldn't able to get the logic correct.
I couldn't able to attach the process and excel file because it's not accepting the extensions.
At starting of this thread I have given my excel data and also my process images are attached in this thread please go through that and help me to complete this task.

Thanks.

Hi, sorry, I totally forgot that you sent the data in the first post.
Anyhow, since the collection is so small (few columns etc), you can actually do this in an other way. I have sent you the page xml in a private message. If you want to, I can make a few variations to space it up a bit.