How to capture multiple error messages and move all to an collection

jeetendra

Hi,

I am working on an application where all validation are on submit button.

when I click submit , error messages will displayed based for all wrong entries on the screen,I have captured error message and it recognises all error messages.

My Query is how to capture all error messages and get all into a collection so that i can check the messages using collection properties.

Thanks,
jeetendra

VJR

Hi jeetendra,

When you said you are able to capture the messages, where are you storing them after capturing?
If you are storing them in a Data Item then you can add a new row to a collection by using the available action and use a Calc stage to enter the error message from the Data Item into the Collection.

Are you working on a web or desktop application. If it is a web application see if the error messages are shown in a HTML table in the background. If it is the case then you can do a Get Table action which stores the result directly in a collection. If the HTML table also includes the textbox and label controls then you can loop through the TD and TR tags of that HTML table and get only the error messages part and write them to a collection.