How to use the wildcard as input for navigate stage

Mehmehh

I am relatively new to RPA Blueprism, I have spied an element in which I placed a dynamic parameter (Input Identifier is the name). Now I have to set the input in my navigate stage, but the input data that I need to insert into the dynamic parameter goes something like this "Process Number:"<any value>. Usually, in other programming languages, I would just have to use the "*" after the string that I have provided, but in this case, it's treating "*" as a multiplication symbol, thus I couldn't see the purpose of Wildcard as an input in a stage.

Anyone who can help me with this? Thanks! I have been stuck with these problem for a quite a while now/

View attachment 1538389998479.png

johnsonf1513

I am also interested in "Reg Ex" for this. However, I have not seen any post or example on internet.

You can use dynamic or wildcard that are both working. Dynamic can be used in loop to identify elements in HTML tables. Wildcard is working for "simple" html page. If you try to identify a element by wildcard on a htmel page which has lots of elements meaning complicated. Blue Prism will fail that I guess the cause is tool taking too much time to find element and time out.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 230
  • 2.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:

VJR

I am relatively new to RPA Blueprism, I have spied an element in which I placed a dynamic parameter (Input Identifier is the name). Now I have to set the input in my navigate stage, but the input data that I need to insert into the dynamic parameter goes something like this "Process Number:"<any value>. Usually, in other programming languages, I would just have to use the "*" after the string that I have provided, but in this case, it's treating "*" as a multiplication symbol, thus I couldn't see the purpose of Wildcard as an input in a stage.

Anyone who can help me with this? Thanks! I have been stuck with these problem for a quite a while now/

View attachment 2037
Hi Mehmehh,

Have you tried concatenating the * to the value inside the Data Item and then passing it to the wild card parameter.

Calc stage with Store In field as Sample itself: [Sample] & "*"
If [Sample] contains "Process Number:" then after the above Calc stage it is Process Number:*

Mehmehh

Hi Mehmehh,

Have you tried concatenating the * to the value inside the Data Item and then passing it to the wild card parameter.

Calc stage with Store In field as Sample itself: [Sample] & "*"
If [Sample] contains "Process Number:" then after the above Calc stage it is Process Number:*

Hi VJR,

I've tried your workaround but it still won't work. Have you faced the same scenario before? Thanks!

VJR

Hi Mehmehh,

What are you trying to do using the Navigate stage - attaching to a Window that has a Title as "Process Number:"<any value>"?

Emil.Tophoej

I am also interested in "Reg Ex" for this. However, I have not seen any post or example on internet.

You can use dynamic or wildcard that are both working. Dynamic can be used in loop to identify elements in HTML tables. Wildcard is working for "simple" html page. If you try to identify a element by wildcard on a htmel page which has lots of elements meaning complicated. Blue Prism will fail that I guess the cause is tool taking too much time to find element and time out.

here is one way to do that if you can
View attachment Capture2.PNG
View attachment Capture.PNG
this process looks for a order number in a table and if it finds it clicks on a link in a different column (same row)

EDIT/ Didn't see that it was only regex you were looking for