I am getting following error "Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Cannot create ActiveX component" .

manzur

Hi Blue prism Community .I am getting following error "Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Cannot create ActiveX component" when a "Create Instance" under "MS Excel VBO" is executed in bot.

gil.silva

Hello manzur,

Are you running the process with highest privileges? You generally need to be running Blue Prism as an administrator.
Usually, this kind of issues is associated with privileges in the resource where the bot is running.

manzur

Hi gil Thanks a lot for the help.I have tried running the blue prism using as an administrator but no luck facing same issue and also I am connecting the machine where blue prism is installed using remote desktop connection.

GatesV

Are you consistently getting this error or only occasionally? I have also been getting this error occasionally when creating Excel instances. I have never been able to figure out why. The Excel VBO seems to be unstable and there is no exception handling in any of the Blue Prism VBOs

anjali

That could be probably because one of the references for libraries might be missing . When you test and execute code(not in run mode) does it show an error ?

RPAVienna

Hi anjali,
what do you mean by that? I have the same error in run mode. But not in run mode I cannot create the error. Create Instance works fine in other tasks.
Thank you!
BR
Lukas