Solved Identify button resets to Launch

Jitendra

Hi,

Just a beginner in BP world. Am trying for a simple process to open a specific website in IE and spy some of the elements for further processing.

Am able to launch my desired website (it's an internal website of my organization); and when I run 'Application Modeller' and press Launch again; the button turns to 'Identify' for a split second and resets to 'Launch' again;

Has anyone encountered this issue and possible troubleshooting steps?

Thank you!
Jitendra

anisjolly

Administrator
Hi @Jitendra

Can you post a screenshot of your Modeller? I have experienced this as well, and from what I remember this usually happens when you already have multiple IE windows open. The Modeller doesn't know which IE process to attach to hence the button reverts back to 'Launch'.

However, once we take a look at your Modeller settings, we can help you resolve this.

Jitendra

Hi @anisjolly

Thanks for your tip; I might have closed the all iE and without realizing I was able to spy and identify the object.

Now when you have put things in black and white I tried again and can see the effect of other iE window.

Now my follow up question is : as per logic I should check for all open iE window and close them for BP to launch and identify correct window. is there any alternate than closing all iE windows?

Thank you!
Jitendra

anisjolly

Administrator
If it is just to identify the windows, the it would be best to check against the Window Title(s) inputs in the relevant actions/objects for each browser's instance to see if they exist. Once you find a match, you can either terminate that application (via the object) or interact with it.

Sometimes, you may have one instance of IE open but multiple tabs - this is when you start using the Child Index to identify which website is in which tab.

I hope that makes sense.

Uthaiah

Hi @Jitendra

Can you post a screenshot of your Modeller? I have experienced this as well, and from what I remember this usually happens when you already have multiple IE windows open. The Modeller doesn't know which IE process to attach to hence the button reverts back to 'Launch'.

However, once we take a look at your Modeller settings, we can help you resolve this.
Hi, Im facing this issue, launch button is working fine and it's launching the application as well, however I am unable to find the "identify" button when I add the element. I've enclosed image for reference. Pls help

Attachments

• Element.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 25