Key Stroke command not available

lejack02

Hello !

I hope you are doing well.

Using the application modeller, I've spied a HTML edit area in which I enter some text, it works. I would just need to use a key stroke "enter" to validate, but I cannot find the command in the navigate stage. Did I do something wrong? Can you please help ?

Thanks for your help.

VJR

Hi lejack02,

In the Navigate stage take the topmost root element of the application.
Then use the Sendkeys (if not the Sendkeys Events) action.
At the bottom give the parameter as "{ENTER}"

lejack02

Hi lejack02,

In the Navigate stage take the topmost root element of the application.
Then use the Sendkeys (if not the Sendkeys Events) action.
At the bottom give the parameter as "{ENTER}"

Hi VJR, is there any other way? It does not work unfortunately. I believe because the "root" is from the login page while the window where I input data is a pop up window with a URL link that change for each session. Is there another way?

VJR

Hi VJR, is there any other way? It does not work unfortunately. I believe because the "root" is from the login page while the window where I input data is a pop up window with a URL link that change for each session. Is there another way?
Spy the pop window that you are referring about. If its changing then try to Match the attributes for Blue Prism to uniquely identify it. For a window there shouldn't be any issue of dynamic attributes. You should be able to spy it and then give that one as the root element for the Navigate stage.

lejack02

Hi VJR,
So I tried all spying techniques and it still doesn't work. I've a permanent error message. It's like this window is not recognized, I don't understand !

VJR

Hi VJR,
So I tried all spying techniques and it still doesn't work. I've a permanent error message. It's like this window is not recognized, I don't understand !
I hope you have tried both Sendkeys and Sendkeys Events. Also do consider the possibility of spying the window through another Object since the current application modeller may not capture it.

lejack02

Hi VJR,

So I tried and it still does not work unfortunately. I obtain this error message "Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Enter and validate commo' on page 'Getreports' - Command 'AAFocus' gave invalid result"

I can't spy the specific window because it is only possible to reach it through the main one (the URL changes every time)

SERBEM

If the URL changes, than you should use a Wildcard in the end of the URL. So instead og equal you choise Wildcard and put a
* instead of that part of the URL that changes.

VJR

Hi VJR,

So I tried and it still does not work unfortunately. I obtain this error message "Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Enter and validate commo' on page 'Getreports' - Command 'AAFocus' gave invalid result"

I can't spy the specific window because it is only possible to reach it through the main one (the URL changes every time)
AA mode gives that kind of error message. Are you able to spy in some other mode.
And URL should not be a part of the spying since it is changeable. Try making use of the Window Title. Also check by using Win32 mode to spy the outer border of the pop up window and then the Activate Application action appears in the Navigate. Will need to do some trial and error.