Solved Launch Internet Explorer with URL from data item

sebeid

Hi,

Is there a way to launch a browser (IE) in my case, with an URL that is stored in a collection or data item? I have an URL-path stored, and want to open the browser to this path, without having to use a writer and type it into the address bar.

Attachments

• ie.PNG
    49.4 KB · Views: 153

JimmoBM

Hi,

Create a new object, or use an existing object page and add a code block with the following code: (I have added an image of the item I am referring to on this post).

If Arguments<>"" Then
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(Application, Arguments)
Else
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(Application)
End If

For the input parameters, create a data item for both (application & argument - both text) and add those DIs in the "Store In" section of the Start block (see attached for reference as to where I mean).

In your code block, within the same object, set those same DIs to the relevant input parameters - refresh, publish and then save the object.

In your process, or in another object, add the newly created object as an action to your flow and for the input of the new action, set this:

Application: "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" **or whatever path you have for IE**
Arguments: [Attachment.Value]

When your process/object runs, it should then input the application of Internet Explorer and the URL as the argument to the code stage and it will open IE straight to the URL you wish.

I hope this helps.

Attachments

• Code.PNG
    2.9 KB · Views: 180
  • Start.PNG
    7.2 KB · Views: 176

VJR

Hi,

Is there a way to launch a browser (IE) in my case, with an URL that is stored in a collection or data item? I have an URL-path stored, and want to open the browser to this path, without having to use a writer and type it into the address bar.
Hi sebeid,

You can use the Navigate action of the Navigate stage with the Collection column passed as its parameter.
View attachment 1539148611750.png

At first have any website opened through the IE using the Navigate stage. This is because you need to give an URL in the Application Modeller for the browser to be opened with some website. This will cause the browser to be launched.
Then loop through each of the URLs in the collection as follows. You need to add Wait stages wherever necessary.

1. Launched IE with a dummy site as the Google homepage.
View attachment 1539149564887.png

2. The first URL opened after entering the loop (Yahoo.com)
Notice the Collection row 1 of 3.
View attachment 1539148933872.png

3. The 2nd iteration (Bing.com)
View attachment 1539149211679.png

4. The 3rd iteration (Xe.com)
View attachment 1539149290638.png

5. URLs Collection:
View attachment 1539149364429.png

After each URL opens you can Attach your object to that website and use it for spying before opening any new URL.