Popup windows unable to Spy

thari1983

HI All,

I am new to BP, and trying to automate data copy from excel to website, after filling data once click on submit button, it will popup three Message PopUp as

1)e-mail
2) user
3) message set

after three success to OK button, it will return to new user registration.

1) I tried the solution of creating iexplore option, but unable to detect.

can any one send image wise process screenshots if possible.

Attachments

• test.png
    36.8 KB · Views: 90

VJR

Hi thari1983,

Basically you need to create a new Business Object and Attach it to this pop window.
Then spy the button and use the Click action on the spyed element via the Naivgate stage. You might have to do this thrice with appropriate Wait times in between.
Refer the instructions in post #2 in Interacting with Pop-Ups.

ashley9394

Thanks! it solved my issue which i cannot spy ALT + O windows on my IE too. But may i know the use of Child Index? Why in this case we put 0?

Ash

VJR

Thanks! it solved my issue which i cannot spy ALT + O windows on my IE too. But may i know the use of Child Index? Why in this case we put 0?

Ash
We use 0 for the first instance of IE, with the next one as 1 and so on.
Refer Post #2 in both the links below for a quick explanation on child index.
Link 1, Link 2.

thari1983

Hi thari1983,

Basically you need to create a new Business Object and Attach it to this pop window.
Then spy the button and use the Click action on the spyed element via the Naivgate stage. You might have to do this thrice with appropriate Wait times in between.
Refer the instructions in post #2 in Interacting with Pop-Ups.
Hi, I tried with this option but unable to spy the element, can any one pls send screenshots.
thanks in advance

suraj

@thari1983
Hi, I tried with this option but unable to spy the element, can any one pls send screenshots.
thanks in advance

Hi,
Follow the sequence
1) launch the web via navigation stage and fill in the required fields.
2) Click on submit button via navigation stage.(After this you'll get those 3 pop-up)
3) Detach tis webpage via navigation stage.
4) Again Attach the web page via navigation stage BUT in window title give "Message*" (In input section of navigate stage)
5) Now try AA mode to spy the pop-up, you'll be able to do so. Loop in this case three times to handle all the 3 pop-up's.
Let me know if it worked.

thari1983

@thari1983

Hi,
Follow the sequence
2) Click on submit button via navigation stage.(After this you'll get those 3 pop-up)
4) Again Attach the web page via navigation stage BUT in window title give "Message*" (In input section of navigate stage)
5) Now try AA mode to spy the pop-up, you'll be able to do so. Loop in this case three times to handle all the 3 pop-up's.
Hi Suraj,

I followed your steps, getting this error

Attachments

• error.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 64

venkat ramana

HI All,

I am new to BP, and trying to automate data copy from excel to website, after filling data once click on submit button, it will popup three Message PopUp as

1)e-mail
2) user
3) message set

after three success to OK button, it will return to new user registration.

1) I tried the solution of creating iexplore option, but unable to detect.

can any one send image wise process screenshots if possible.

Hi,
Press Global send key as {SPACE} (don't have Idea how to write space)
I Hope it would work.

Note: Please send me Global Send Key for {SPACE} with a screen shot.

thari1983

It seems you had missed something, if possible can you share the web url with me I can check and let you know.

Hi Suraj,

Thanks for reply, can you please check with sample html file. with 1 web popup message

Rename attached txt into html and you could see the popup once open in web.

Attachments

• sample1.txt
    215 bytes · Views: 53

suraj

Hi Suraj,

Thanks for reply, can you please check with sample html file. with 1 web popup message

Rename attached txt into html and you could see the popup once open in web.

Its working fine for me as i had mentioned above steps. Retry once.

sreejith

Hi,
Press Global send key as {SPACE} (don't have Idea how to write space)
I Hope it would work.

Note: Please send me Global Send Key for {SPACE} with a screen shot.

For typing SPACE you can use a code stage as global send keys doesn't have one such option. Also add the dll "System.Windows.Forms.dll" and namespace as "System.Windows.Forms".

Attachments

• CodeStage_Space.PNG
    65.3 KB · Views: 43

aditi24garg

@thari1983

Hi,
Follow the sequence
This helped me a lot. Thanks Suraj...

Vivek Gupta

Hi All,

I have scenario where i am stuck.

I have Facebook portal/ Workplace Portal where i need to post an image in the group.
To upload the photo the Pop Up window comes where i need to select the image. I am detaching the Facebook portal and attaching it to the Window Pop up by giving window tittle as " Choose File to Upload". After Successful Upload I am Detaching the window pop up and again attaching the Facebook Portal
After the image is attached i need to click on Post Button but I am not able to spy the element.

Error:
System.ApplicationException: The window spied was not found in the model
at BluePrism.AMI.clsAMI.Spy(clsElementTypeInfo& elementType, List`1& identifiers)
at Automate.frmIntegrationAssistant.HandleSpyOrLaunchClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)

@suraj : I follwed your Sequence... But when i want to return to my base screen i am not able to spy it.

jigibaby1

I have the same issue but different url. After re-attach....there is no html mode available in Application modeller and element spied during design time it's no more reference/means not able to found. What could be the issue?

Thanks,
Jigi

Vivek Gupta

I have the same issue but different url. After re-attach....there is no html mode available in Application modeller and element spied during design time it's no more reference/means not able to found. What could be the issue?

Thanks,
Jigi
If you find any solution on any other portal please comment. It is a type of blocker for me.