Bhanu

I am trying to select country in a combo box, which is dynamic value i get from the collection.

However, I am not able to spy the field as combo box in HTML mode.

When I click on the box it opens a text edit field below it (As shown in the attachment) and when I enter the value (country name) into the text field, corresponding countries appear in the list. (as shown in the attachment)

Problem is after clicking the Main field, it shows up the text field but Blue Prism is freezing each time regardless whatever the stage I use (Navigate[global send keys/select value or Write) to input the value in the text field. Nothing seems to be working.

Any help would be greatly appreacited

Thank you!

Attachments

• Drop-Down-Error.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 149
  • Drop-down-USA.png
    51.7 KB · Views: 127
I am trying to select country in a combo box, which is dynamic value i get from the collection.

However, I am not able to spy the field as combo box in HTML mode.

When I click on the box it opens a text edit field below it (As shown in the attachment) and when I enter the value (country name) into the text field, corresponding countries appear in the list. (as shown in the attachment)

Problem is after clicking the Main field, it shows up the text field but Blue Prism is freezing each time regardless whatever the stage I use (Navigate[global send keys/select value or Write) to input the value in the text field. Nothing seems to be working.

Any help would be greatly appreacited

Thank you!
Have you tried using Global Send Keys to enter your value, then GSK for Enter or Tab?

Can you spy the element after searching and then click it?

eaglebot

Bhanu... Why don't you try spying the element above it and then press TAB and then fetch the value from the collection field you have and enter it here and then simply press a down arrow in the global send key event option. This worked for me in several cases.

Bhanu

Have you tried using Global Send Keys to enter your value, then GSK for Enter or Tab?

Can you spy the element after searching and then click it?
Hii Nickbell123, Yes. In navigate 4 stage (as shown in the attachment) I am clicking on the main field, which opens down the text edit field below.
In navigate 6 stage I am sending global send keys to write into that text field. But Blue Prism freezes every time it gets there (plz refer attachment)
I even used Write stage, but same( BP freezes),
And when I manually click on that field so it doesn't show the drop-down anymore, finally the error shows up.

Attachments

• Freezing.png
    76.7 KB · Views: 117
  • Freezing.png
    76.7 KB · Views: 88
  • error.png
    98.6 KB · Views: 75

Bhanu

Thank you! as of now I am able to work with it...

But, there seems to another problem now...
I cannot use HTML mode for some reason. And I am using UIA Mode(version 6).
Even with UIA mode I am not able to uniquely identify the dropdown field, hence I am spying the inside text(as shown in attachment)
But, first iteration works perfectly and obviously fails in the second iteration (since the text would be different (the previously selected country)
I am puzzled is there a way around it.
I have multiple such fields in my application..

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Bhanu... Why don't you try spying the element above it and then press TAB and then fetch the value from the collection field you have and enter it here and then simply press a down arrow in the global send key event option. This worked for me in several cases.
!

Attachments

• Nationality.png
    101.8 KB · Views: 104
  • Application Modular.png
    110.7 KB · Views: 99
  • Country-select.png
    97 KB · Views: 96