Problem with sending email - Mapiex - Failed to add To recipient

lbethel

I am receiving an error when attempting to send email. "Failure in Send Mail function of Blue Prism Extended MAPI Automation. Failed to add TO recipient: test1@test.com"

The email address appears to be in the correct format. Does anyone know what causes this error?

vaibhavg

I am receiving an error when attempting to send email. "Failure in Send Mail function of Blue Prism Extended MAPI Automation. Failed to add TO recipient: test1@test.com"

The email address appears to be in the correct format. Does anyone know what causes this error?
Opening Quote " must be in starting of the email if this is not typo in here.

sanjal

Hello ,

I am also facing similar issue.
currently using BP version 6.3 and Mapiex version MAPIEx 1.1.15 - send mail functionality suddenly giving me similar error.
Please refer attached screenshots and let me know if t is any solution here

Attachments

• SendMail-error.PNG
    15.3 KB · Views: 38
  • SendMail-Process.PNG
    73 KB · Views: 31

Niraj Shah

Hi,
I'm trying to add multiple receipient retrieved through text file in stage [To Email Addresses]. The current value of [To Email Addresses] is like "abc@xyz.com";"123@xyz.com";"aa11@xyz.com". On running the process, the error is triggered as Failure in Send Mail function of Blue Prism Extended MAPI Automation. Failed to add CC recipient: "abc@xyz.com".
can anyone please guide how I can add multiple receipient through Data Item stage?

View attachment capture-20181011-162138.png

sanjal

Hi Niraj,

Correct Format for adding multiple recipients is:
"abc@xyz.com;pqr@xyz.com". i.e. all recipients list must be enclosed within Quotes .
if you are trying to use environment variable for TO List , then same pattern should be followed.

CC recipient is fine .

Niraj Shah

rahuly172

Hi,
Kindly replace the Semi colons ";" by commas ",". I tried the same from environmental variables and same is working fine.
If you are retrieving from some Excel sheet and taking the values in a run time text variable, then first trim all the white spaces and then separate the emailid's by ", ". For Example: abc@gmail.com, xyz@gmail.com.
If further get any issues, kindly share the SS.

Thanks

Niraj Shah

I got the answer now. I should not use Quotes if I'm passing the 'To' value through data item. If we directly type the email addresses, the value should be entered with Quotes. Thank you Sanjan, geeda, rahuly172 for the guidance.