Process data from different worksheets

Uthaiah

Hello There!
Need help, I have data in a excel under multiple worksheets which has to be processed sheet by sheet. pls let me know how do I do it?

SJB

Does your data need to stay in the sheet?
I usually find it easiest to drop all the data into collections, process it in BP and then dump it back out to a new book/sheets.

It depends what exactly you're trying to achieve

johnnywang

Try using the VBO 'MS-Excel'. Activate the target worksheet before processing the data.
By the way, you can import the VBO from 'C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\VBO' folder.

Chandan008

Hi Uthaiah,

If you have the same format of data in all worksheets (means same Header columns), then you can loop the Read excel data:

Action steps to be followed to loop read excel data using "Excel VBO"

1. Create Instance
2. Open Workbook
3. Get Worksheet Names (Save it in a collection, Ex- colWorksheetNames)
4. Loop the colWorksheetNames and read Excel using Excel VBO actions (Provide Worksheet Names in "Get Worksheet as Collection" like colWorksheetNames.Name (this is the column name you get in abouve collection ans=d pass the data in a loop for every worksheet)

You can do other actions in between for other validation/exceptions

Hope this helps :)

Uthaiah

Hi Uthaiah,

If you have the same format of data in all worksheets (means same Header columns), then you can loop the Read excel data:

Action steps to be followed to loop read excel data using "Excel VBO"

1. Create Instance
2. Open Workbook
3. Get Worksheet Names (Save it in a collection, Ex- colWorksheetNames)
4. Loop the colWorksheetNames and read Excel using Excel VBO actions (Provide Worksheet Names in "Get Worksheet as Collection" like colWorksheetNames.Name (this is the column name you get in abouve collection ans=d pass the data in a loop for every worksheet)

You can do other actions in between for other validation/exceptions

Hope this helps :)
Thank you Chandan, that help.. :)