provider is not registered on the local machine. OLEDB

andreus91

Hi team,
i've just read a lot of documentation about that. When i'll try to set connection from BP to OLEDB the exception is: Internal : The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.

My string connection is: "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=C:\Users\as\Desktop\BPTraining.xlsx;Extended Properties=”Excel 12.0 ;HDR=YES”;"

I have 64bit architecture OS, office 64bit and access db engine 64 bit. Is possible that BP work only with 32bit instance?
In this case i'm not able to install access database engine 32 bit because my office package is 64 bit, and i don't wanna reinstall all office package, how can i solve it?

Thanks in advance

sahil_raina_91

Hi team,
i've just read a lot of documentation about that. When i'll try to set connection from BP to OLEDB the exception is: Internal : The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.

My string connection is: "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=C:\Users\as\Desktop\BPTraining.xlsx;Extended Properties=”Excel 12.0 ;HDR=YES”;"

I have 64bit architecture OS, office 64bit and access db engine 64 bit. Is possible that BP work only with 32bit instance?
In this case i'm not able to install access database engine 32 bit because my office package is 64 bit, and i don't wanna reinstall all office package, how can i solve it?

Thanks in advance

Follow this and try to install 32 bit Access Engine : https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/F...r-is-not-registered-on-the-local?forum=vstsdb

Shivam

Hi Andreus91,

Please try using this as connection string:
"Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source="Filepath.xlsx";Extended Properties="Excel 12.0 Xml;HDR=YES";"

Make sure to put the file path in double quotes.