Question on Write collection action for ms excel vbo?

harish17

Hi every one,

I have 4000 records in collection I want to write this collection in to Ms excel by using these aactions in ms excel vbo. >create instance>open workbook>show>writecollection..But it is taking very long time to write this collection in ms excel vbwrite collection. way we can write the collection faster.
One more question related to Ms excel is iwant to create ms excel file itself I will give folder path it need to create ms excel file itself with particular date like(students(08-12-2018).csv or students(08-12-2018(08-12-2018).xlsx)
I tried open work book action but it is throwing error when I used the folder path it is not liking that.if I give the ms excel file name with the path it is accepting. Is there any action we can use for this action?

VJR

Hi harish17,

For writing a large collection to excel latency issue is an observed behaviour. So you might want to consider breaking down the data into chunks before writing to excel. also refer to post #9 here.
For creating an excel file you can take a look at the Create Workbook and Create Worksheet actions of the MS Excel VBO.