Recover Stage not working

VJR

Business Exceptions (like juvenile and digits > 8) should not be retried. If its a juvenile case for an item in the queue then that item will always be a juvenile case (unless there is a change in the source data) so there is not point in retrying it again. System Exceptions can be retried.
I recommend you to go through the Exception Handling guide from the portal.

Manjit Sahni

But the point it why its getting stuck at rethrow, instead of getting the process to end. You may be judging it logically but thts not the intent here.

VJR

That is because it all depends on how the calling process or page is designed based on whether you have used a Recover stage in the call or not. Also when you throw/rethrow an exception the Preserve exception tick box needs to be set accordingly again depending on whether an error is going to be generated by any particular stage or not. For that one must understand how/when to use them hence the suggestion to take a look at the Exception guide. The blank error you are seeing is also explained in the Preserve Exception part of the guide.

gbagoole

Hi VJR,

I need your help, I currently want to develop a solution to extract annual historical forex rates from this website link (https://www.ura.go.ug/exchange.do?rateType=incometax), these rates are from past transactions. The whole idea to capture the date for a particular transaction from the transaction log and them come to the website and navigate to that particular date. read the rate and assign it to that transaction, this would be done for all transactions in the log. The challenge I am facing as you can see from the link mentioned earlier is that the date field is uneditable, hence making it difficult to make a loop through a collection and capture the rates on the specific dates. This means I need to capture every date separately for 365 days which is really not working out. Am really stack at the moment. Any other way you think I can achieve this?

Attached is a sample of the transaction log, the last column of the file is the one am supposed to fill with the rate to be extracted from the website

Attachments

• VAT Rates Exercise - Copy-xlsx.zip
    12 KB · Views: 40

adeel478

Hi Manjit Sahni,

The process is running perfect what you have designed. But if you want to go proceed it uptill End Stage, then i guess you have to change your logic inside "Decision" Stage. Because from my point of understanding, you have written something inside "decision" stage to follow that way.

ManojBevara

Hi @Manjit Sahni

I am also facing the same issue.

I am using work queue and running the process. For the 1st item its working fine, If there is any exception, its coming to recover mode and marking it as an exception and picking the 2nd record.

and for the 2nd record the recover stage is not working. Process is getting terminated

If it is resolved for you please help me

ADITYA_RPA

Hi @VJR @Sachin_Kharmale

I am getting an Error. I was created the code stage for unfreeze Worksheet. It Gettiinng an error message please help me.
I am attached the picture of code stage

Attachments

• CODE Stage.png
    102 KB · Views: 22
  • Getting Error.png
    137.5 KB · Views: 15
  • OUTUT Variables.png
    137.7 KB · Views: 10
  • INPUT Variables.png
    138.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

ADITYA_RPA

Hi

Can Anyone help me create the code stage for:
Check that there are no hidden worksheets, if hidden file is there delete it or Unhide Workshee
t
Thank you

Sachin_Kharmale

Hi @ADITYA_RPA ,

If you want to
unhide the worksheets then you need to create code stage code in excel VBO follow the bellow steps..

1.Source excel file which contains 4 Excel Sheet.
View attachment 1589287827568.png

2.Source excel file after hiding 2 worksheet.
View attachment 1589287868593.png

3.Create new action ms Excel VBO and write code stage for unhide worksheet inputs will be handle and workbook name
View attachment 1589287900188.png

4.Code stage code.
View attachment 1589287950940.png

Code:
Dim Inst As Object = GetInstance(handle)
Inst.DisplayAlerts = False
Dim sBook as Object
sBook = GetWorkbook(handle, workbookname)
Dim ws as Object
    For Each ws In sBook.Worksheets

ws.Visible = -1

Next ws

Inst.DisplayAlerts = True
5.Invoke/Call newly created action from process studio.
View attachment 1589287978890.png

6.After process run your sheets will be unhidden.
View attachment 1589288049671.png
I hope it will help you..

ADITYA_RPA

Hi @ADITYA_RPA ,

If you want to unhide the worksheets then you need to create code stage code in excel VBO follow the bellow steps..

1.Source excel file which contains 4 Excel Sheet.
View attachment 5400

2.Source excel file after hiding 2 worksheet.
View attachment 5401
3.Create new action ms Excel VBO and write code stage for unhide worksheet inputs will be handle and workbook name
View attachment 5402
4.Code stage code.
View attachment 5403

Code:
Dim Inst As Object = GetInstance(handle)
Inst.DisplayAlerts = False
Dim sBook as Object
sBook = GetWorkbook(handle, workbookname)
Dim ws as Object
    For Each ws In sBook.Worksheets

ws.Visible = -1

Next ws

Inst.DisplayAlerts = True
5.Invoke/Call newly created action from process studio.
View attachment 5404

6.After process run your sheets will be unhidden.
View attachment 5405
I hope it will help you..
Thank You So much :):)@Sachin_Kharmale