Running Blue Prism Exposed service in Background along with Main Process

suhasdhongade

Scenario: I had requirement of pushing item to queue from web-based application. I also had one continuously running process. On top of it, I have only one resource to run both the processes at a time.

Searched a lot but did not get sufficient information. there is information around Blue Prism Object Run modes but no other post describing how to implement it.

Finally, I was able to solve it.

Let’s say
  1. Exposed Process as service named Service Consumer. This service is used in web application to push item to queue. (Service Consumer Process)
  2. This process uses Add to queue business Object internally to enqueue item (Service Consumer BO)
  3. Long running process is my continuously running automation (Long Running Process)
  4. Long running process also uses multiple other objects (Long Running BO)

How to implement it?
  1. Set run mode of Long running BO to Foreground
  2. Set run mode of Service Consumer BO to background
    1. Please do understand the precedence of run mode. Exclusive has the top precedence.
    2. If your object is marked as background but it is referring any object who is exclusive run mode, then your object will also act as exclusive.
    3. Make sure all objects referred in your process/object as background otherwise it will not work
  • Trick to identify whether object or process fully background or not, you can drag it onto resource and run it, then again try to add new instance of same process/object. If BP is running both the processes/objects, then background mode is set properly.

I was able to run service consumer process from web application while Long running process is working on Same resource. Both processes were running parally to each other

Attachments

• Two.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 85
  • Both Running.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 79