Scheduling a process

Sanoza

Scheduling a process is not working as expected.
Created schedule and tried running in utc as well as local. Nothing happens.
After the time passed, my process get disabled in scheduler. I have mapped the resource correctly. I tried running run now option from the scheduler, still nothing happens.
System tab the activate is checked also.
It works fine in control room.
Could anyone pls help.

And also do we need to keep any condition in program to check whether expiry time (scheduler) reached for the successful run?
Isrequestedstop will solve this?

VJR

Hi Sanoza,

When you run from the Scheduler do you see any log file at all?
Also check what options you have given for the 'On Complete' and 'On Exception' dropdowns while configuring in Scheduler. See if there is something objectionable.

You mentioned it works fine when run from the Control Room. Check the logs and see if something is questionable, if something may kick back the process.

Since you have been awaiting for responses on this post I do not want to hold you up with any of the above questions after you try them. A solution for such kinds of issues can be given only if one faces a similar problem. If you are able to, then wait back until you hear inputs/solution from anyone on your thread or try by raising a support ticket with Blue Prism.

HakanEngman

Hi,

Just to add to it, see this ting from time to time and usually it's because the resource is offline. (From a BP server perspective)
Please add more information about your setup.

BR,Håkan

Theos

Hi there,

I'm having a similar issue with the scheduler.

I'm able to run the process, from the control room, with no issue but 0 luck with the scheduler.

I have setup the schedule using the same resource, confirmed its connected and available, but the process will never run.
when looking at the scheduler log, the termination reason is "Resource _____ is offline - retried 10 times"
i then go to the control room and manually start the process on the same resource with no issue.

system settings for scheduler are as follows:
Checked box, Activate the scheduler for this environment
Execute missed Scheduler from the past 15 Minutes
If a resource is offline, retry after 5 seconds
Retry an offline resource a Max of 10 times

Any ideas why my resource continues to say its offline for the scheduler? (I've tried on 2 different servers)

HakanEngman

Hi,
And you do run a "Login" process as the first step? That process should use the LoginAgent resource. (Depending on your config it could use the same port or different port.) We will change our setup, but now we begin with a login on <Resource>:8180 ; that is the loginagent on the resource. Then we make sure that the runtime has enough time to start up properly, and then we rund the process(s) and lastly a "Logout" process to deallocate the resource.

Does it fail 100% of the time , or does it fail from time to time?

Theos

yup, run a login process first. our config uses the same port.

it fails 100% of the time. no process will start and always says the termination reason is because the resource is offline.