send message with attachment of complete folder contents

Dear all,

can anyone explain me how to send an email using Email POP3 SMPT business object.
i need to attach the mail with all the contents of a folder.

i am not able to select all the files in the folder to send as attachments.

VJR

Hi Susheel,

When you mention you are unable to select all files what do you actually mean?
Are you getting any error? How are you trying to select all files?

You need to add the path of your files (either manually or through BP actions) to the attachments collection of the business object in order to be accepted.

Hi VJR,

Thanks for your reply.
how can i add the path through BP actions.
i wanted to add all the files in a folder to attach in email.
currently i am doing manually, adding all the file paths in collection.
i am looking for an easy alternative. please suggest me if you have any other option doing it.

VJR

Hi Susheel,

To dynamically add rows to a collection at first you need to add a new row to it and then insert data into it.
This is done using 'Add Row' of Collection VBO (not Utility Collection) and then a Calc stage to write the path into the Attachments collection.
The Files and Folders can be worked with using the Utility - File Management VBO.

Shweta

Hi ,

I am a bit stucked at this part.
Can you please help. I am attaching the screenshot also, on how I am doing this, but still unable to achieve.

I have done "Adding Row in Collection" part. But when using a calc stage to write the path into Attachment collection, its giving error: No conversion available from Text to collection.

Please help.

Attachments

• Screenshot1.PNG
    46.2 KB · Views: 105

VJR

Hi ,

I am a bit stucked at this part.
Can you please help. I am attaching the screenshot also, on how I am doing this, but still unable to achieve.

I have done "Adding Row in Collection" part. But when using a calc stage to write the path into Attachment collection, its giving error: No conversion available from Text to collection.

Please help.
In the 'Store In field' give in the format as [CollectionName.ColumnName].