Sending consolidation report by single bot

hi everyone,
i have one process . when i run the process it will perform the actions and finally it will generate one excel report which contains how many item are success and how many are failed.
Now my task is , when i run this process on multiple machines i need to send only one consolidation report by one bot.

Thanks,
P. Gopi

Rich

One option would be to use a separate work queue to achieve this. I.e. each bot essentially loads the success/fail data into a work queue as it’s running or at the end of its particular session.

Then a separate report process can run after all bots have finished to create a single consolidated report from the data in the queue.

One option would be to use a separate work queue to achieve this. I.e. each bot essentially loads the success/fail data into a work queue as it’s running or at the end of its particular session.

Then a separate report process can run after all bots have finished to create a single consolidated report from the data in the queue.

some one suggested to use environment locking. i am new to env locking . how can i achieve this ?

Rich

Yeah that’s another option.. which would mean a single report file would be updated by each bot rather than my previous option which would be it getting generated all at once at end of processing.

An environment lock enables you to ensure only one bot updates the file at any given time.

You have a section in your flow where a lock is acquired by the bot which encounters it first, and then released once it has finished the steps in between, which in your case would be updating the report file.

If any other bot tried updating at same time the environment lock would prevent this.

Yeah that’s another option.. which would mean a single report file would be updated by each bot rather than my previous option which would be it getting generated all at once at end of processing.

An environment lock enables you to ensure only one bot updates the file at any given time.

You have a section in your flow where a lock is acquired by the bot which encounters it first, and then released once it has finished the steps in between, which in your case would be updating the report file.

If any other bot tried updating at same time the environment lock would prevent this.

Here i am applying locking concept at send Email stage.
Where i need to release the lock ?
am i going correct way ?

Rich

not quite, the order needs to be:
1) Acquire lock
2) update file
3) release lock

And when the report is complete you would then email it out from one of the bots, and again you have a few options to ensure it’s only emailed once.

not quite, the order needs to be:
1) Acquire lock
2) update file
3) release lock

And when the report is complete you would then email it out from one of the bots, and again you have a few options to ensure it’s only emailed once.

Can you explain more elaborate where i need to apply locking Mechanism, because i am new to Environment locking

SJB

In you process have a startup parameter called load work or something similar. When you schedule your robots to do the work, set the flag to true for one robot and false for all the slave robots.

At the end of your queued workload, have the robot that loaded the queue run the reporting and all the other slave robots will just end.

You could even build in a pending cases check at the last end to ensure all work is completed before running reporting