Surface Automation

Round_Matt

Hi All,

So im in the process of Surface Automating an application in Citrix that has unique Enquiry numbers each time you input details and im struggling to be able to get the Enquiry number to pull through from surface automation.

Using either the window title or the No. Box as when spied its blank but when i need to pull the Enquiry number its poulated as below.

View attachment 1549030526278.png

Is there any other way to do this?

Thanks

amador

have you tried using the recognize text with ocr? you should have 2 separate regions. 1 for text and 1 for numbers. Try coordinates in the location method. if enquiry number is dynamic in length, you should also another region for that one.

Using SAT requires experimentation and its is pain in the ****

Round_Matt

Hi Amador,

I havent tried reading with OCR, How will i do that if the Surface Automation wont pick up the cell due to a different number than the one showing when i first did the Surface automation spy?

View attachment 1549039097491.png
Attached is the version of surface automation that we are using at present.

Round_Matt

I dont think the enquiry page is recognized as a separate window in citrix as when i have tried to spy the whole enquiry window it wont find it, i can spy the green text boxes show in the previous image but doesn't seem to pick anything else up.

amador

sometimes it need to break them down to multiple regions (windows) and then navigate to get the right regions

cvs0115

It seems you didn't maximize the window before spying. That could lead to issues when the window opens in different areas of the screen. My advice is to run all automation with maximizing windows. From there you would need to create a region to look for No..... and then create a relative read region to read the field to the right of No....