Try to attach a opened excel file but failed

Mat Chan

Hi all, let me explain my case a little bit.
I have an excel opened but not saved in local (some application processes behind).
My BP logic is
1) Check whether Excel application, if no, infinite loop starts.
2) If yes, attach current opened Excel file (using MICROSOFT EXCEL VBO in-built object) PLUS activate worksheet --> Output handle (value: 1)
3) Using the previous handle, get excel to collection and save as excel file in my pre-defined path.

The problem is in Step 2, after step 2's execution, I tried to add another action which is "Show Workbook" but the excel opens another NEW instance for me instead of showing me the currently opened one. That's why no data is inserted into my collection.
Has anyone of you encountered this problem before and may I know how to fix it.

Thanks!!!

Mat

Jiri.Hurda

Hi, I have same issue with SAP and auto-opened excel after saving the report (so I am lucky that it is saved).

The only thing I came up with is to Kill Excel aplication and open it again with BP. Which doesn't help you.

Yet I hope that every file which get open (not saved) is run in some temporary folder (look at task manager). So maybe you could open it again with BP = you would have two same excels running. The BP's one should be ready to hard-save. Do all your work and at the end kill excel anyway to get rid of the original one (running in temporary folders). If not possible to open, maybe you can create a copy of a file from temporary folder.

Note that this is just an idea without me trying. Hope it will work :)

Jiri