Unable to click on a link in a web application

shankar

Can someone please let me know how to click on a link in a web application. Im trying to click on a link in application using navigate stage->Click centre but it is not working.

Attachments

• Link.JPG
    Link.JPG
    9.7 KB · Views: 17

VJR

Hi shankar,

What are the values for the below attributes showing up in the Application Modeller after spying that link?

- Tag name
- Path
- Link

shankar

Hi shankar,

What are the values for the below attributes showing up in the Application Modeller after spying that link?

- Tag name
- Path
- Link

Hi Vj,

It shows values as Tag name - A
Path - /HTML/BODY(1)/DIV(1)/DIV(1)/DIV(1)/DIV(2)/DIV(1)/DIV(1)/DIV(1)/A(1)
Link - http://url/en/tour/create-group/ ( i just removed the url here, since i cannot share the url of the application)

Actually here im trying calling the action of object in other object.

You can check the attachments - I have attached the error message, Application modeller snapshot and the stages

Attachments

• Link.JPG
    Link.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Error.JPG
    Error.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 29
  • stage.JPG
    stage.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

VJR

Hi shankar,

This is a 'Not Connected' message. So your object doesn't seem to be attached to the application.
The Navigate stage to Launch the webpage is not seen in this diagram. Perhaps it is in another object?
In any case the object and the application are disconnected and you need to connect them using the Navigate > Attach action in the dropdown for the root element.

shankar

Hi shankar,

This is a 'Not Connected' message. So your object doesn't seem to be attached to the application.
The Navigate stage to Launch the webpage is not seen in this diagram. Perhaps it is in another object?
In any case the object and the application are disconnected and you need to connect them using the Navigate > Attach action in the dropdown for the root element.

Hi Vj,

Could you please let me know how to connect them.

VJR

I have mentioned it above as to how to do it.
You need to connect them using the Navigate > Attach action in the dropdown for the root element.

shankar

I have mentioned it above as to how to do it.
You need to connect them using the Navigate > Attach action in the dropdown for the root element.

Please check the snapshot attached. Still im getting the error.

Attachments

• Attach.JPG
    Attach.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 16
  • stage.JPG
    stage.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Error.JPG
    Error.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 16

VJR

Hi shankar,

This is an "application not identified" error. The Attach action is not able to identify the application based on parameters given in the Navigate stage.
At first check without giving any parameters as most of the times it works, but is dependent on how you have set the options in the application wizard.
Then if you are going to have only one Internet Explorer window then you can give the Process Name as "iexplore". Process Name is the one that shows up in the Task Manager list of processes without the word 'exe'.
If the above does not work then give an appropriate Window Title. Also try with wild cards too like "Touramical*" but ultimately you will need to find out a way to recognize the application to attach to it.